2022 Activity Calendar
Below you will see the general types of activities we have planned for 2022. Some of these are evening activities, and we will have a wide range of classes and services available during the day.
- Concerts: Here we will be brining local arts, talent and culture to Parkville. We plan to use the church sanctuary, which is a large space with great acoustics and unique décor. These concerts will range from rock to classical and a wide variety between. If there is a band you are a part of or would like to hear, let us know!
- Interviews: This is a community spotlight piece. We will be interviewing community members for their stories or stories they would like to share. If you are interested in telling a story or telling YOUR story, contact us!
- Town Hall: These forum events were the highlights of 2021. In these events we bring in community members or organizations and we discuss what is relevant and timely. Stay tuned for more or visit our Town Hall page to see what we did in 2021.
- Arts & Crafts Fair: One a year we host a community Arts & Crafts Fair. In 2022 our theme is, “We are all Creators!”, so come check out what gifts and talents our community has to offer, and consider bringing your gifts and talents to our next Arts & Crafts Fair. Check out this page for more information.
- Break Time: This is a monthly activity that gives our community members a break! Come and enjoy free pizza and some time to yourself. Separate areas for adults and children!
- Community Meals: We had a great community meal on Thanksgiving of 2021, and we hope to continue these community meals in 2022. We are not sure of the dates or occasions, but we want to sit down with our community and break bread. Let us know if you have any needs or resources that you want to bring to our center. Contact us for more information.
- Coffee Cafe – Free coffee and a relaxing environment available for your use. Feel free to hang out, have a meeting, or conversate with others hanging out, Monday thru Thursday, 7:30am to 2pm.
- Tech Connect – We have a computer lab available during regular business hours. We also have a dedicated technology group that meets Tuesdays from 10am to noon. Additionally, more focused time can be scheduled on our Tech Connect page.
- Community Conversations – Join us Thursdays, from 10am to noon, for community conversations in our Coffee Cafe. This is dedicated time to sit down, relax, and participate in civil conversation on any range of topics that might be on your mind.
- Lunch Bunch – In partnership with Parkville Presbyterian Church, we invite community members to come to our space Thrusdays at noon to partake in a community lunch. RSVP is requested, so just give us a call or shoot us an email if you plan on attending.
Our story - always being written
How We Got Started
We got our start during the pandemic, out of a recognition that our immediate world is shrinking and in that is an opportunity to match community needs with community resources. As a member of Parkville Presbyterian Church, founder Marcus Flores saw opportunity where need and resources collide.
Where We Are Now
Confident of the need and the resources available, we are building a coalition of leaders, members, partners and support, to be the heart and soul of the Parkville Living Center. Read more here.
Become a Volunteer Today
The Parkville Living Center (PLC) is a new type of community center, one that prioritizes relationship. By signing up you will be able to plug into the needs and resources of our community. Shortly after sign up someone from the PLC will contact you with more information.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
This dynamic offering depends on you, our community. Reach out, even if you are not sure why, and we can talk about whatever is on your mind.